The Dirty Nil is the kind of band that makes you remember why being a Groupie is the best thing in the world.
In a time where there is seemingly barbed wire on backstage doors and where the political climate is heavy and thick with sadness and frustration, it’s refreshing to spend time with a band that makes you temporarily forget wtf is happening in 2017 and make you feel present and happy to be exactly where you are right now.
Chanty met Luke, Kyle and Ross of The Dirty Nil before their soundcheck at Lee’s Palace on Friday June 16th to chat about they’ve been up to for the past 5 years since the last time they all spoke.
- How to stay healthy and take care of yourself when you’re touring constantly
- Choosing their favourite tour spots based on backstage food catering
- How every night has the potential to be Friday night
- Luke and Ross’ hot tips about getting to the gym for free
- Weird and cute fans gifts + time sharing a Casper mattress
- People getting up on stage to interrupt your set to ask innocuous questions
- Groupie Trivia Questions about Tura Satana, Elvira, Pamela Des Barres, Anita Pallenberg and Lori Lightning (to name a few!)
Thank you to Luke, Kyle, Ross, Mike and Adam for a wonderful time. The Flatliners and Sam Coffey and the Iron Lungs put on a fantastic, 2 night sold out show. Congrats on finishing up your tour! Your entire crew is cordially invited over for lunch next time you’re in town and we’re looking forward to the follow up interview!!!
You can find The Dirty Nil online:
On Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @thedirtynil
You can find Chanty and Lynx at www.musesandstuff.ptbopodcasters.ca
On Instagram and Facebook @musesandstuffpodcast and on Twitter @ChantyandLynx